Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ipad

One of the most talked about emerging technologies right now is the Ipad by Apple. I find this product to be very interesting. Lots of people have said that it is going to replace the laptop in years to come, but I see it more as another type of laptop. I personally was very hesitant about hte Iphone. I do not have one, but my roommate does. Just the idea of the whole phone functioning as a touchpad makes me nervous. If you crack the screen or hurt it in some way, you have no way to use the phone. This makes me very nervous about the Ipad too. The Huffington Post had an article talking about the 9 worst things about the Ipad. I would like to discuss a couple of them. First, is that there isn't a flash player on the Ipad. So people can not watch videos on the Ipad If it is going to replace laptops, then it needs to be capable of everything that laptops do plus more. The Ipad also doesn't have a camera. This shocks me. I know that my laptop doesn't have a camera, but I could get one if I wanted one. Iphones have cameras. If the Ipad is a larger version of the Iphone plus more it should have all the features of the Iphone. Most importantly, the Ipad cannot run multiple apps at once. I think this is the biggest downside of the product because it does not allow people to be socializing, shopping, working, or doing research all at the same time. I think that laptops have taught people how to multitask and it is very convenient. I do not know how the Ipad can be expected to replace laptops if it does not have all the capabilites of a laptop. http://www.apple.com/ipad/

No comments:

Post a Comment