Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Baby Emotion Detector

Every baby has several different cries. After time and practice, a mother can usually tell what kind of cry a baby is producing and what exactly the baby wants or needs. Yet, this takes time and can often be frustrating for new mothers. While researching online, I found an article for the Baby Emotion Detector. According to gizmag.com, "Japanese scientists claim they have developed a statistical computer that can analyze the differences in a baby's cries. So, future baby monitors could be capable of alerting parents that their child is tired, hungry, needs a diaper change, or is in pain." I find this absolutely amazing. I feel that this would allow for healthier, happier babies. It is like a device that allows babies to communicate with their parents. I feel that this could greatly improve healthcare of children. I know that my parents have told me stories of me being an infant and I was sick and they did not know it. It is amazing to think that a device could decipher all of this for new parents. Can you imagine a world without crying, screaming children at restaurants? For some reason, this possible emerging technology reminds me of Nano Pets, the toys we played with as children. The small devices that told you if your digital pet was hungry or tired and what you needed to do for it. http://www.gizmag.com/baby-emotion-detector/14326/

No comments:

Post a Comment